Honey & Maple Syrup
Please login to place an order from the online Marketplace.
Please note: During the CSA season, the order deadline for delivery of your Marketplace Order is 1 pm the day before your CSA delivery. Orders received after the deadline will be delivered the following CSA delivery. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and reminder of your Marketplace order. Please login to your Member Account to place your Marketplace order.
Stoneledge Farm Honey is produced locally. The honey is raw, unpasteurized and natural. The bees on the farm are pollinators for our crops and produce delicious honey.
About Maple Syrup
DID YOU KNOW THAT ...
- Each tablespoon of pure maple syrup contains 21 mg calcium,35 mg potassium, only 2 mg sodium, small amounts of iron, and phosphorus and a trace of B vitamins. Each tablespoon has only 50 calories per serving!
- In any standard recipe, maple syrup may be substituted for all or part of the sugar required. When using syrup, reduce the liquid in the recipe by 3 tbsp. for each cup of syrup used.
- Unopened containers of maple syrup should be stored in a cool dry place. Once opened, maple syrup should be refrigerated. Long term storage in the freezer is recommended.
- Tapping does no permanent damage to the tree, and only about 10% of the tree’s sap is collected each year. Many sugar maple trees have been tapped for 150 or more years.
- 30-50 gallons of sap are evaporated to make one gallon of syrup.
- Warm, sunny days and frosty nights are ideal for Sap flow. The harvest season ends with the coming of spring’s warm nights and the first stages of bud development on the trees.
Produced locally. Naturally delicious.
Available in two grades of syrup:
Grade A Dark Color & Robust Taste ( a bit lighter colored and taste)
Grade A Very Dark Color & Strong Taste (formerly known as Grade B for Cooking)